Friday, December 17, 2010

Turtles

Last year I delicious some amazing enrichment meetings. I mean it was uber yummy! We learned how to make delicious homemade chocolates. I know chocolate is good, but I don't like store bought chocolate any more. I LOVE homemade chocolates. A big thanks go to Laverne Vold for teaching me how to make these. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, it's a girls day of making chocolates. We'll see if any chocolates last long enough to get photographed. :P


Turtles
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup rogers syrup
1 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
 pecans.
Cook until soft ball stage (250 degrees), stir only at first to dissolve the sugar then stop stirring. Pour onto buttered pan. Cool wrap in pecans. Dip
*If you don't like nuts, then leave them out and make chocolate covered caramels. 

No comments: