Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lemon Squares

This is one of my favorite treats that my mum use to make when I was younger. If you know my cooking, then it's nothing like my Mum's. She's one of the best.

Lemon Squares
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. This makes a 8x8 pan.

Crust
1 cup flour
1/2 cup margarine
1/4 cup powder sugar
  • Mix together then  press in ungreased pan. build up to 1/2" in edge on the edge. bake for 20 minutes till light brown on outside edge.
Filling
2 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
  • Beat for 3 minutes until light & fluffy. Pour over hot crust. bake another 25 minutes or until no imprint remains in center when touched.
  • Dust powder sugar when slightly warm.
*If you would like to make Lime squares just use 2 Tbsp Lime juice instead of Lemon juice. Add desired amount of green food coloring.

No comments: