Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pecan Pie

This is absolutely the best Pecan Pie recipe. I hated pecan pie before I found this recipe. I dreaded making one of Ben's favorite pies because I don't like pecan pie and didn't like it one bit.

Pecan Pie
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans*

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  • In a large bowl beat eggs until foamy, and stir in melted butter. Stir in the brown sugar, white sugar and the flour; mix well. Last add milk, vanilla and nuts.
  • Pour into a unbaked 9-in. pie shell. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until done.
* I don't like biting into big pieces of nuts, so I finely chop the nuts. It melts in my mouth. To adopt this recipe into Pecan Tarts then just fill the tart shells with about 1 Tbsp of mixture. If there's too much in the tart/pie it will be fine. It shrinks down. Enjoy!

No comments: